Installing RAWfolio Themes
The first thing you'll need to install your RAWfolio theme is an activate installation of WordPress on your website. If your hosting provider does not include a ‘One-Click’ install like many hosts do, you can find a video tutorial on installing WordPress manually HERE. Once you have WordPress installed, you're good to go. Just follow the directions below, and you'll be up and running in no time!
There are two ways to install a WordPress theme:
- Manually with a FTP client
- Automatically through the upload feature in the WordPress dashboard (preferred).
Below we'll go through both options.
Installing a Theme Through the WordPress Dashboard - Preferred Method Back to Top
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance → Themes.
- At the top of the page, click the “Add New” button.
- On the next page click the "Upload Theme" button.
- Click the "Choose File" and find the your theme's .zip file on your computer that you downloaded from either the confirmation email or our website and then click the “Install Now” button.
Installing Theme With an FTP Client Back to Top
Warning: We highly recommend using WordPress' built in theme installer to install our themes. Many FTP programs, especially the free ones, can, and frequently do transfer files incorrectly or in the wrong format which can corrupt files that ends up causing problems with theme functionality and things not working correctly. If you have problems saving theme options or things are not displaying as they should, and you have uploaded the theme via FTP, you should first activate another theme, delete the current copy of your theme in the WP theme manager and then upload the .zip file and activate the theme via the WP installer and try again. This will ensure the problem does not stem from corrupt or missing files.
- Download the theme zip file to your local machine and unzip it.
- Log onto your server through an FTP client, and find your site’s wp-content/themes directory. You will want to transfer the entire theme folder to that directory.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, and go to Appearance → Themes. There you will see screenshots of the themes that are available for you to use. Click on the theme title (or theme screenshot) for the theme you wish to activate. A preview of the theme will be shown, and then you can click the Activate link in the top right of the preview window.